Wanderlust: noun \ˈwän-dər-ˌləst\ strong longing for or impulse toward wandering
My hope is that this blog will serve as an outlet for all my daydreamy wanderings, encourage me to share the creative projects I undertake, and provide something for awesome creative people such as yourself to take away.
Today, I spent a couple hours designing this facebook cover photo. I have some experience with Adobe Photoshop, but my second laptop only has access to the unbeatable Windows software, "Paint". Piecing together a photo of This Wild Idea's Maddie the Coonhound and pairing two free fonts I found on Yellow Bliss Road, I worked a little paint magic. If you love Maddie the Coonhound with sprinkles on her nose, check out the rest of This Wild Idea, and brace yourself for a cute overload.
I was inspired by my local Dunkin' Donuts barrista, who regularly whips up iced coffees to get me caffeinated at an ungodly hour for my morning commute. On this particular morning, she surprised me as she reached back and grabbed a sprinkled donut, placed it inside a bag and handed it across the counter with a smile, saying "sprinkles make everything better". And indeed, they do. But more so, a random act of kindness, when passed on, creates a ripple effect, and the potential to make bigger waves.
Be the sprinkles in the world.
Feel free to download and use.
